The Dragonfly and Raven

The Dragonfly and Raven

Friday, April 24, 2015

A Vegas Rendezvous

"Rachel? Rachel Carter?"

"John Kero? What are you doing here?"

"Well, I just got married. Her name is Steph."

"A Vegas wedding? I never took you as the type, John."

"Well... we eloped. After we split up... well my family hasn't really approved of anyone else."

"But that was after we graduated high school! That was seven years ago John!"

"Yeah, but you've met my mother."

"Good point."

"So what are you doing here Rachel? Celebrating putting another sleezeball behind bars?"

"No, actually. I... um... I just got married as well. His name is Tom."

"Wow! Congratulations! Gosh, what are the odds?"

"I know!"

"So... um... what are you doing here alone at the bar?"

"Well... I... I just needed to be by myself for a little bit, you know?"

"Yeah... same here."

"So, how have you been?"

"Good. Good."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. You?"

"I've been good."

"Good."

"Say... do you want to... go get a room or something, and catch up?"

"That would be nice..."

"Cool, come on, let's go."

"Wait... John, what are we doing right now?

"We're going to go catch up."

"No John, what are we really doing?"

"We're going to catch up Rachel."

"No, we're not. Goodnight John. It was nice to see you again. Congratulation about Steph."

No comments:

Post a Comment