The Dragonfly and Raven

The Dragonfly and Raven

Sunday, March 1, 2015

I Live in an Empire


I live in an empire, an empire of red, white, and blue.
I live in an empire that stretches from sea to shining sea.
I live in an empire that has conquered its former overlord.
I live in an empire that is in the Rhineland and Andalusia. In Lombardia and Vienna.
I live in an empire that is in the Danish Sound and the Scottish Highlands. In the Barbary Coast and the Levant.
I live in an empire that is in the Heavenly Kingdom and the Heart of Darkness.
I live in a global empire, one forged out of military and economic might.
I live in an empire that spends more money on its military than every other aspect of its government combined. An empire that can control unmanned planes from a computer across the world, with operators acting as judge, jury, and executioner.
I live in an empire that can violate the territory of nearly any nation in the world. An empire that can invade and occupy two different nation states for over a decade, being able to ignore all outcry from other states, as it has the power to blow the world into smithereens a hundred times over with it's massive nuclear arsenal.
I live in an empire that has dominance over the market. An empire that controls the global GDP with corporations and LLCs.
I live in an empire that exploits everything it can. An empire that creates earthquakes by drilling for fuel. An empire that razes rainforests.
I live in an empire that pollutes water with sewage and industrial poisons, that spews pollutants into the air that you and I breathe. An empire that is destroying the world that we live in.
I live in an empire of red, white, and blue. An empire full of corruption and evil.
I live in the American Empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment